Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux

From May 22 until June 7, my other half Blair is on his first venture to France. For the first part of his trip, he is staying at a fabulous villa in D'Avignon with friends. For the second part of his trip, he will explore the bakeries, art and streets of Paris on his own. In his absence, he has left me in charge of taking care of his apartment. Being the kind of soul he is, he told me to make myself right at home. Among the things to make me feel right at home, he left a copy of The Tale of Despereaux for me to watch, which I did.

Without giving much away, this film is about the tale of three unlikely heroes - a misfit mouse who prefers reading books to eating them, an unhappy rat who schemes to leave the darkness of the dungeon, and a bumbling servant girl with cauliflower ears - whose fates are intertwined with that of the castle's princess. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Kids and kids at heart will love it because it delivers a good story in a highly entertaining and imaginative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment