Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beamecho Closes



When I came into work this morning, I received the sad news that Beamecho was officially closing its doors today. I cannot say that I was entirely surprised about this turn of events. The massive clean up which we did the Friday before and the fact that my boss instructed me not to come for work on the Monday were a prelude of things to come. But the most significant factors which led to Beamecho's demise were the rapid decline in both foot traffic and sales. February and May sales were particularly devastating. So my boss decided to pull the plug.

In spite of these dire circumstances, there may be a silverlining in all of this. My boss might reinvent the business after he has had a bit of time to reflect on things. With that in mind, I'm going to stay in touch with him just in case something develops. For the interim however, I'm not going to remain inert. I'll take a couple of days for myself and then set to work on applying for Employment Insurance and updating my resume. I'll also confer with Blair, who recently became unemployed himself, and together we can help out each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment