Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Best Years of My Life


Yesterday afternoon I attended Gary and Dennis' annual Christmas party at their condo, which is just up the street and around the corner from where I live. People who are regular patrons of Java Jive, the neighbourhood cafe, as well as friends and members of Gary's family came by to partake in the festivities. Eugene, my roommate and manager of Java Jive, catered the event and put on a spectacularly lavish little spread. In the early evening after everyone had had their fill of food and drink, the entertainment portion of the party began. This is an excerpt from the last number in that show in which Eugene transformed into his drag alter ego, Angel Summers, and performed a Diana Ross song, The Best Years of My Life, which brought him and the audience to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment