Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dragon Tattoos


In my PA post I made reference to getting a tattoo in the not-to-distant future. Since I have always had a fascination for and love of dragons, having a tattoo in the shape of a dragon would simply be a natural expression of this fact. As an interesting side to this story, my family name is actually derived from draco, the Latin word for dragon.

The two tribal dragon designs above, which I discovered online while doing my research on tattoos, were originally in black-and-white. Since both my PA and nipple piercings are teal, I want to continue this colour theme with the tattoos. Consequently, I opened these images in Photoshop and added some colour. Initially, I was simply going to have them in one solid colour, but then I thought that these designs would have more visual impact if I added colour gradients to them. The results of doing so appear in the composite image above.

The dragon profile design on the left, which I am going to do first, I would have tattooed on and have it wrap itself around the entirety of my upper left arm. The dragon face design, which would definitely be more expensive because of its size, would look positively spectacular as a tattoo on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment