Monday, March 8, 2010

Murphy Bed Concept


In a previous post I talked about getting a Murphy bed for my new space. Since that initial entry, I have been exploring my options about different design concepts. I have settled on a couple of options.

First of all, I have decided that I am going to construct it myself. In addition, the bed will be of the side-mount variety to save space even more. Standard length for a vertical version of this type of bed is typically about 2 metres (about 7 feet). If I go with a double-sized mattress, the depth of this type of bed will be around 1 metre (about 3 feet). That's half!

Second of all, instead of simply folding up the bed when it's not in use, why not do it with some sense of style? The image above illustrates one possible concept, which is not only elegant but would become a piece of wall art.

This story continues.....later.

No comments:

Post a Comment