Monday, April 27, 2009

Java Jive Gets Its Internet Back


A few weeks ago the provider who had installed an ad screen and Internet at my local coffee shop, Java Jive, last year, came in one day and mysteriously removed them. Last week I got in touch with the rep to find out what had happened. All that he could tell me was that it was unlikely that the coffee shop would see the ad screen and Internet connection again. After hearing this, I talked with the owner of Java Jive, whom I know well, and convinced him to have the Internet connection re-established. So last week I called up Rogers on his behalf and set the wheels in motion. At around noon today, a Rogers technician dropped by Java Jive and did the installation. This evening I dropped by the coffee shop and installed a wireless router to provide wireless access for those Java Jive patrons with laptops.

Vive la Web!

No comments:

Post a Comment