Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Special Day On My Birthday

After work yesterday, I ventured to see the new love of my life, Blair, at his place to celebrate my 47th birthday. I thought we were going to spend a quiet evening together having dinner. Instead he treated me out to dinner at a little local pub called Abbott on the Hill. The atmosphere was wonderfully inviting and warm and the fare was excellent. For my main course, I had a Mushroom Wellington, which was absolutely delicious.

After dinner, we returned to his place where he presented me with my gift. It turned out to be a boxed set of Classic Star Trek Season One, totally remastered for the digital age. Later, he lavished me with birthday cake and champagne.

The dinner alone would have been enough. The gift alone would have been enough. The birthday cake and champagne would have been enough. But Blair went the whole nine yards and made my birthday truly special and made me feel truly special.

Here's a toast to Blair! You made me feel so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment