Tuesday, July 14, 2009

UFO the series


Yesterday while I was in a down mood, I began reflecting on things past. As I perused online, I came across references to an old TV series which I had enjoyed as a kid. In 1970 a British science fiction series, created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, who also produced Thunderbirds (another favourite of mine) and Space: 1999, called UFO, made its debut. In short, the series revolved around a secret organisation called SHADO whose sole purpose was to protect Earth from alien invasion. The opening sequence to this series appears in the video clip above. Below are a couple of more clips, which I discovered on YouTube, and reveal a behind the scenes look at this show some 30 years later and a UFO test trailer.




Since Blair is a science fiction lover (like myself) and has never seen this series before, I thought that I would introduce him to it. I checked online to see if the series was available for download. Sure enough, after a bit of searching, I found it. Now it's a waiting game as this massive file downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment