Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Grinch Tree


As soon as the holiday season begins, The New Leaf, a florist just around the corner from where I live, puts out all their wonderful Christmas creations, including something called a Grinch tree (see photo above). This fabulous fir is actually a Cypress tree which has been specifically modified as an ornamental tree.

In my travels I pass by this shop many times. This year when I saw these trees displayed in their window I thought that one of them would make a truly wonderful gift. Being acquainted with someone who isn't particularly fond of this time of year and his appreciation for the quirky and the unusual, I knew exactly to whom I could present this gift. So one day I popped into The New Leaf and bought one. Because of his busy schedule, it has been difficult to coordinate with him about when we can get together. I guess it will have to wait until the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment