Monday, August 10, 2009

Installing Leopard (OS X 10.5) On Toshiba Laptop


A couple of days ago an idea popped into my head about what to do with that Toshiba laptop sitting up in the closet. That laptop had been left by a former roommate who had decided that he didn't want it anymore. The idea had been inspired by an event at my former workplace, Beamecho. One day one of my co-workers brought in a Dell sub-notebook, which he used for writing scripts. Aside from its small size and light weight, what made this notebook particularly special (and what particularly intrigued me) was that an Apple-based operating system, Leopard (OS X 10.5), had been installed on it.

The Internet is a wonderfully diverse and resourceful place. Through online research my co-worker discovered that it was possible to install an Apple-based OS on a PC notebook. So by pulling together the necessary materials, he tried it for himself and, in his case, it worked.

Late last week I did some research of my own. In my online travels, I happened upon a blog which explained in great detail about how to install Leopard on this series of Toshiba laptop. Thus far, I have gathered together the necessary elements. The only thing for which I have to wait is a power source, which I have already ordered, for the laptop. Somehow this important component was misplaced by its former owner. However once it arrives, I will immediately attempt this installation to see if it really does work.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment